I realize it's been a while since Mr Destructo's feature, but I've had to ground myself from and continue to monitor my computer usage. Plus we've had sickness ravaging the household but it wasn't so bad because it got me out of going to church today and my awesome husband took all the kids with him, leaving me in peace.
But, back to the incorrigible Mr Destructo.
Besides painting his nails blue and breaking a bottle of soy sauce on the carpet he decided to take an adventure. While I spent 3 1/2 hours on his post and then continued to dwell on the computer (unshowered) doing meaningless nothings while my hair got greasier and taller, I let the kids ride their bikes outside.
I was thrilled when Lex came running in with, "Mr Destructo's gone! I don't see him anywhere!"
Yes, thrilled.
People, I had B.O.
So, after driving around in the van for almost an hour, with thoughts running through my head of what the police would say to me when I had to report a missing child and I was totally fitting the part (look-wise) of a white trash mother who neglects my children, we found him.
After checking the park and hearing from two kids who tried to go after him that he disappeared before they could chase in earnest, and recruiting two other mothers, I found him almost a mile away.
He'd gotten past the ponds near our house and was just abandoning his bike to go on a walking adventure, it looked like. As I was collecting him, some van with a lady I don't know pulled up behind me and was talking on her phone and watching my boy. I'm waiting for the police to come after me.
When I'm on the news, I'll be advertising my blog. I need more readers to justify being on the computer for 8 hours straight. You heard me. I don't do it every day. That's why I grounded myself. And said, Dr Spock be damned, and spanked Mr Destructo. And have told him almost every day since that he cannot ride his bike to see the ducks by himself. Even though he bypassed the ducks.
Maybe he didn't want them to see his blue nails.
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Mr D Strikes Again
Posted by Aubrey at 6:47 PM
Labels: Mr Destructo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








6 comments:
I hear ya! I am on your side and know that we all have Hell days when nothing can go right! You dealt with it with "white trash" grace, right:-) Just kidding. You are Awesome and I am sure you didn't smell or look as bad as you think:)
Whoa, what an adventure. When my son (now 16) was two years old, he climbed out on the roof of the breezeway at our church preschool. A teacher saw him out her window and lured him back with a cookie. It was over before I even knew it happened- he was SUPPOSED to have gone out in the hall for a drink of water and come right back. Also, the door to the outside was SUPPOSED to be locked.
But I'm over it, really I am :)
Okay, I am such a bobo! The post that you have right before this one I hadn't realized it was "new" cause the picture was also on one of the older ones from this past month, and with the baby in the oven sucking all my brains out, I hadn't read it thinking it was the same one from before. Well, I read it and you totally crack me up! All I have to say is maybe he and Mag Pie are destined to be together. Who do they think they are? They are definitely going to have some major payback when they have kids:-) He is SO cute though, so is she, thank goodness, right:-)
He does keep you jumping.....
The website is www.myfoodstoragedeals.com
I've lost several children at various times. Not to worry they always show up eventually. I'll come visit you if you end up in jail. Are you cooking Thanksgiving? Jail might be a good way to get out of it. Mimi
Post a Comment