Lex was trying to teach me a song she learned.
She whispered in my ear (she's so shy about singing in front of us).
It went something like this (I can't remember all the words):
"There was a turkey strutting
In the barnyard all day long...
Blah Blah Blah"
When I asked her if that was what the turkey says, she said, "No I don't remember the rest of the words." Like mother, like daughter.
Remember the soy sauce? That I have yet to properly clean up? And still no one is convinced I am truly lazy. Maybe someone is.
Lexie's solution:.jpg)
In her words (not ver batim--I don't remember them exactly, alas): It's a bridge so you don't step in it.
I bet Barbie's so happy that that's what we're using the canopy to her bed for.
By the way, Lexie's now a contributing editor to Bad Housekeeping.
And now I ask my question to the cosmos: Can that carpet get any nastier? I think not. Unless I get a dog. Oh the picture does not to the filth justice. I don't know why I feel so impelled to share that. So you feel better about yours? We still have plans to pull it up. I just don't know what to cut it with so we don't have to tear it out of the bedrooms and living room yet.
Now, do we like more condensed posts better, or looong, rambling, never-ending ones?
And, is it bad to get the same shoe in two different colors when I really should be buying Christmas presents for my kids and thinking about donating to one of the Christmas charities that is out of money and turning people away? Boy, do I feel selfish. But the mustard-yellow wedges for $14 at Target are so cute. And I like the tan, too.
I'll go find out how to donate now.
Monday, November 24, 2008
Blah, blah, blah
Posted by Aubrey at 11:47 PM
Labels: bad housekeeping, dork fashion
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








5 comments:
Those mustard yellow wedges are FAB. My daughter wears cute shoes in fun colors, but here's the thing- she doesn't MATCH the shoes to her outfit. I guess it must be like painting your front door red, her shoes work as an accent color. I really like it but haven't mastered the technique.
Sorry about the soy sauce. Bummer.
I say a girl's gotta have her shoes! And it's way more practical for us to buy shoes...because our feet have stopped growing! So, go for it!!
See the way I see it is that you TOTALLY deserve both pairs of shoes! All the sheesh we are privileged to go through with little kiddos, we deserve some cute shoes every once in a while! As for the Christmas gifts for kids, just go to all a dollar this year:-)
Oh I know how you feel. I bought a pair of boots and I really wanted another pair in black, I got one pair it pewter. But not sure i should be spending a few hundred on me ;)
Oh if my carpet could talk, I'm sure it would be screaming.
Hi Aubrey!
Tell your mom to go for the spray paint. I sprayed all through last winter. My only warning is that it takes loooonger to dry. I've got a few more projects to do since the weather should be around 50 & there won't be too much humidity.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment