Yesterday I was wondering where the remote to our DVD player was.
If only I'd asked Mr Destructo.
He'd put it outside in the shed with a few uncased Thomas DVDs for safe-keeping.

Which makes me think of a few other choice things he's done.

Oh, the possibilities.
What? This isn't the garage!!!
These chicken fingers and fries look waaaaay better than stinky flowers.

Now you know why you keep so many of these around.


Wait, I think his little brother,
a.k.a. Mr Tornado, did this one.
And he's 1.5.
(Just wait until he's 3.5.) (Wa-hoo.)
Don't ask.


Bath crayons.

Apparently being me is exhausting.
In the chair,

in the tub,
on a boat,
on back of the couch.
And eating dinner.

I can sleep there, Sam I Am.
But I want to wear big boy underwear NOW.
Over my diaper.
Because I don't already have enough toys and must wreak havoc in Mom's cupboards instead, like every other kid.

The games you never outgrow.

Because I'm fearless.
And like to attract the masses.

What I did not capture were the shots of him standing up there for several minutes at a time, not holding on. He hung out up there for almost an hour before climbing down.
Nothing like fresh toe jam in the morning.

Or afternoon.
After running around outside barefoot all day. Yum-o.
Because I just could. not. stay out of the pool during Sister's swimming lesson. I'm the reason that no matter how many times Lexie begged Mom to stay and watch her every day, she always had to say no.
I'll just go ahead and strip right now.
Packing for a 5-day trip:
I know I can get all my clothes, and I mean ALL my clothes to fit. (He cleaned out his dresser drawers.)
Almost there...
I'm stuck.

Help Mom.
If she'd quit taking pictures and pull me out already.
Here's what happens when his uncles play with him.

The new time out spot?
Then there were the things I came home to the other night that I didn't take pictures of--a pumpkin on a VHS uncased movie (we're archaic around here and uncased, unprotected movies are our trademark) sitting on...
the side of the bathtub.
Plus, he was so kind as to get everybody's toothbrushes ready for the night, along with the spare toothbrushes (don't ask how many) and the counter. Now we're minty fresh.
And as I wrote this post, he painted his finger- and toenails with his sister's nail polish.
At least it was blue.
So manly.
It looked a lot like this:
Only this was white-out.
That wouldn't come out.
Don't we look so proud of ourselves?
With no pants on?
I'm sure rewarding them with taking pictures of their deeds makes for really effective future disciplining.
Oh and later--this happened under Mr Destructo's tutelage.
Any ideas for getting a whole bottle of teriyaki soy sauce out of carpet? I'm thinking we'll be saying a big hello to our wood floors in the hallway today.
I hated the carpet anyway.
Almost no children were harmed in the making of this post.
19 comments:
You are such a good mom who can laugh about these things AND document them, so that when you give them the "mother's curse" you'll have proof!
Don't they look normal. Precious photos Aubrey.
Omygosh, those are great photo's and so funny! I soooooooooo know all those feelings. I like the arrangement of the crackers on the keyboard. Makes for an ARTSY photo.
My daugther poured water into the VCR that was part of the TV, never did figure out how she did it and managed to live.
We all enjoyed that one. So funny that you have so many pictures of him doing all those wonderful things.
Well at least your house will smell terriyaki instead of some mystery smell....
All in a days work right?
Ha, ha! At least you are taking pictures and laughing.
All in a days work right?
Ha, ha! At least you are taking pictures and laughing.
You have your hands FULLL!!!!!!
Thanks for the laugh
I loved this post. He's such a cute kid!
He's so cute (as always). I remember the time he was on the swing set...It scared me to death. :)
Thank you so much for the best morning laugh I've had in months...
What a GREAT post!! My favorites were the car in the tape player and the daddy's standing guard while the little guy was being a daredevil.
I am laughing so hard, tears are running down my face! I raised 4 boys...I KNOW what you are going through....times 4~~~~~~Yes, I am a saint :-)
Hugs,
Penny
I know you won't believe it but you're gonna miss the messes. I mean it. He's so darn cute how can you stay mad? Mimi
Ohhhhh my!!! hehehe! Boys! :)
By the way, I am having a giveaway over at my blog, I would love for you to come check it out! :)
Wow! There's really not much else to say...
It was me in the bathroom with the red sweater. And on the hard chairs... Mimi
Oh! I love the ones where they are all tuckered out!
I feel like this with just ONE little one in the house! Oye!
Ooh, you have one of those too! The worst that mine did was the bright red fingernail polish that he dripped all the way through the master bath, master bedroom, and loft. We had only lived in our brand new house with BRAND NEW carpet about 6 months. Mommy was a little crazy that day.
You, on the other hand, take pictures! I want to be you.
My faves were the sleeping pics. They are too, too funny.
Oh-and as for the dog bowls and a blowdryer, I thought about it, but the problem was the kids gobbed the puffy paint on. I was afraid it would blow it all over. I'm not sure puffy paint and 7 year olds is a good idea. :0)
the teriyaki sauce...oh my! I saved my "Mr. Destructo" for last, so he has three older brothers to keep in bossily in line---but i can soooo see him doing most of this stuff in the next year :). You might want to wait about 13-14 years to remodel your house ;).
And yet he's so stinking cute!....
Post a Comment