So you can pause it if you want


Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Cannon, We Love You

Remember our paint-eating nibbler friend Cannon? He moved away this summer, but we miss him. Several months ago he told his mom he was going to marry Lexie and Mara, another little girl we go to church with and that she needed to buy him a wedding suit. Which sort of doesn’t help the Mormons-aren’t-polygamists-and-aren’t-the-same-as-the-FLDS-um-weirdies image we try to maintain, but I digress.
Cannon is five. His mom told him that after he goes on a mission, she’ll buy him a wedding suit, to which he insisted she needed to buy him one right then. Apparently Cannon doesn’t want anyone taking his women.

Just the other day, Lexie mentioned doing something or other when she grows up and marries Cannon.

Which brings us to tonight.

I was shopping with Lexie at Target, trying to find a birthday present for her friend. Of course she wanted several things for herself that I wouldn’t buy for her.
On the way home, the conversation went something like this:
She told me, “When I’m big, I can shop all by myself and buy whatever I want.”
“Yes you can, if you have enough money.” (Begin the anti-credit card campaign now.)
“I’ll probably have more money than you.”
“Yeah, but you’ll have to work hard to earn lots of money.”
“Well, Cannon will work when he grows up.”
Her priorities are in order. And she has big plans. Which will include a lot of money and doing whatever she wants. I hope Cannon can keep her in order.



Cannon, I think everyone Lexie misses you. The new neighbors' poodles are great, but they're not the same as playing with you and your sister. Poodles aren't into treasure hunts and sneaking out of their house at 10 at night to walk over and see if she can play.

Digging for treasure last April.

Which apparently even blind people can do too. Can't miss the hole with that shovel.

Why does her mom put her in suck dorky shorts?

Happy Thanksgiving everyone--I'll be five pounds heavier after tomorrow's record-breaking consumption of pie.

I am thankful for pie.

5 comments:

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

I'm thankful for pie too. Sigh.

Cutie pies too.

Thanks for your comment...it made me smile! ;-)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Melissa

Gigi said...

Aww, what a cute couple! Tell Lexie I think she has good taste in future husbands.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

I love it, it's good she's shooting for the stars!

Hooray for pie! I'm pretty sure there's some rule about food consumed on holidays not counting in the calorie department?!

Mimi Sue said...

It's so sad when friends move away. I definitely think you should get a dog. I blame a lot of messes on our dogs. Sometimes it works. I hope you guys had a peaceful and happy Thanksgiving. Mimi

WheresMyAngels said...

What alot of laughs, that was too funny. I love how little kids think. Except today my 4 year old was really stuck on death and whether or not Jesus would have toys for her to play with. Those conversations are not fun and hard to answer.

He is a cute boy. Hopefully he'll be a rich son in law to you;)