So you can pause it if you want


Friday, January 23, 2009

Ode to the Child

I found the ultimate trick to instant decluttering.

Ignore the junk on top--still working on moving in.

That red armoire used to look like this (after I took the brass knobs--and decorative thingie-hideousnesses that were behind said knobs--off).

Oh yeah, and we like bought it in like July and I painted it and then it sat in the carport (we are so redneck) until last week.
Obviously I didn't do anymore stripes. Too lazy and a good thing, too--they would have been all covered!


And my friend sent me this comment that I think is hysterical because I can (mentally visualize her doing it)(as if there's another way to visualize)(so you know):

I have the perfect solution to all your clutter problems. It came to me as divine inspiration while cleaning my toy room today. You set up a laundry basket at one end of the room, opposite of whatever you are decluttering. Then toss all items toward the basket. Whatever makes it in, you can put away. All the rejects get bagged and sent to DI (thrift store). I think I only made about 30% of my shots! Works like a charm!

Guess who finally is adding real words to his grunt language? Mostly cheese and juice. As requests. And he finally call the Money Maker Dada.
And he's so dang cute--he's usually jumping up and down when I get him out of his crib.
And gives big hugs. And kisses right on the smacker.
And he's turning two in a month.
sigh.

Methinks that this little one is going to be trouble.



And me thinks I need a faster shutter.
Working on the Money Maker for that.

10 comments:

Trever and Heather said...

Love the red armoire.

Sawyer is the cutest!

Amy said...

That looks terrible, you should just stop while your ahead!

Mimi Sue said...

He sure is a cutie. And if he's turning 2 it must be time for another. If I'd known that cute cabinet was in your carport I would've come and stolen it. It turned out CUTE. And you're right about the travel journal. I never would have tried it when my kids were little. Some things have to wait til you don't have so much to do. Mimi

Gigi said...

Oh, Aubrey, he's so cute! Don't they grow up fast?

Love the decluttering tip. I'm a pretty bad shot so I should have a lot to give away.

Jennifer P. said...

He looks like trouble for sure, but too cute to get mad at :)!

I LOVES me some armoires in sassy colors. They hide myriad clutter!

Unknown said...

Wow it looks completely different! Good Job!

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

Note to Aubrey!
Love the room! Love the kids, and you are a great mom!

Melissa said...

Note to above commenter Amy:
Didn't your mom teach you, "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say nothing at all." Consider yourself taught.

We are all patiently waiting for you to grow some balls(excuse my french) and post a picture of your living room so we can decide if you are "ahead".

Mrs. Egg said...

Who is that Amy? Very Rude!