In my dreams.
We have more of a dirty well-lighted place. We can see all the mess better. I'm a little under the weather today, so of course I must blog. I love blogging. You see so much and learn so many new things. Like how to waste a colossal amount of time and come out of it with dirty kids, an unkempt house, and no dinner. Oh boy, do I love it! (For real.)
A couple of months ago and last week, I finally implemented what I'd learned from blogging for something other than mistreatments. And good thing I learned it doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful because these are far from perfect.
I learned from this resourceful and classy lady how to do this (though mine aren't as fancy):


Slightly improved my old soda can lamp I made in 7th grade. I always disliked the cheap shade and now it's covered with musliny burlap. That blue fabric is covering an old, dented Dr Pepper can.

The recover inspired by the pom pom fringe I'd already started gluing around the bottom and ripped off to add fabric.
It looked a bit...formal.
And while we were at it, I made a bed for L's robot dog out of a shoebox I've been hoarding.


The $8 robot dog, not Bisquit the $170 robot dog. I even used my sewing machine for the second time since I got it for Christmas to make the dog a pillow. Last Christmas. And Sister, I used the rotary blade--and the pinking blade is awesome. It's fun being creative when you only yell a little bit and send minimal swearing to the fabric that's always slipping and the sewing machine that you think has joined the pact of all sewing machines, who have something eternally against you.








7 comments:
The craft store must love you! It turned out so cute! You always have a project to work on.
can lamp! oh mr. hatcher, your class was so awesome. my mom still has my can lamp at her house... i wanted to use a jolt cola can, but mom didn't want to buy a 6-pack, so we had to take a single can to the service desk at giant... and she let me taste it, but then poured the rest down the sink! the sacrifices i made for awesome creations from middle school shop class. mom still has my cd clock somewhere, too...
ps- i just saw your house (yes, i don't care it's still your house) is up for sale again. sigh.
They have a pinking blade? Why didn't I know that? I totally relate to the cussing and sewing. It seems to help somehow. Mimi
Okay, I haven't looked at your blog in forever, sorry about that. Very cute wall! Nice couch, fun looking gingerbread houses, and yes Dan, that looks pretty bad!
How fun! You are such a crafty lady! Come to my house! :)
I have the perfect solution to all your clutter problems. It came to me as divine inspiration while cleaning my toy room today. You set up a laundey basket at one end of the room, opposite of whatever you are de-cluttering. Then toss all items toward the basket. Whatever makes it in, you can put away. All the rejects get bagged and sent to DI. I think I only made about 30% of my shots! Works like a charm!
Post a Comment