So today somebody dropped the container of sugar and spilled a whole bunch on the floor. Any guesses who? The perpetrator may or may not be typing this right now. See? I didn't need kids to help me make big messes.
Once, before we had any kids, thank goodness, I caught our oven on fire. I got the idea from the game Apples to Apples to hide our plastic lunch containers--complete with forks in them--inside the oven when people were coming over. Yes, it would have taken barely more time to just put them in the dishwasher. Such is how my brain works. Like last week when Mr D fell asleep on his bedroom floor without any underwear on (don't ask) and I put a towel under him instead of a Pull-Up on him. It always makes sense before, but not after. Sometimes my brilliance amazes even me.
Anyway, I forgot about said containers and turned on the oven a few days later to make muffins. When the husband went to put them in, he asked what the doughy stuff with forks in it was on the wire rack. Yeah, our containers. So, a few days later, instead of taking out the racks and cleaning them off by hand, I decided that we should turn the oven on to warm up the plastic to loosen it so we could just scrape it off. Plastic is flammable, did you know? And it stinks. And we lucked out and got a new oven at the landlord's expense because the old one's temperature gauge was ruined. That's called being friends with the managers. Great story, eh? Oh, and I ruined our muffin pan in all that process. Because that was so important to tell. You can ruin lots of muffin pans. They're cheap.
Now that you're
totally bored and vastly fascinated with me, myself, and my own antics, here's a little proof we've had
some fun away from home this summer. Lolly's friend Abbie has a blow-up water slide that we all got to go over and use.

Well, I
watched because in my black swimsuit, I look like a beached
Shamu.
The S-man checking it out in his beloved, too-small hat.

Love his belly.
Mr Destructo miraculously holding still for the camera.

And silly Lolly.

Lucky Abbie got to have this and her neighbor's twin slide up at the same time for her birthday party. I didn't believe Lolly when she told me what they were doing and kept trying to tell her it would be a slip and slide to assuage her inevitable disappointment. Imagine my surprise to find my 6-year-old sometimes knows what she's talking about.
Here was Abbie's birthday present, with the shirt I made for Lolly.
Abbie's favorite color is purple, and Lolly's is green. Convenient for me their names start with the same letter.
And here's proof it's better to be patient and wait for daylight to take a picture of something.
Lamplight:

Sunlight:

And to wrap the present quick, before Mr D autographs the shirt with pencil.
I stole the idea from Meg @ whatever. She's such a cool gal. Go read her whole entire blog. I already have. You will not be disappointed. Especially if you read it on a gloomy day. You'll see why. One day, we are going to Kansas on a vacation just so she can take pictures of my kids.
Oh! Look--I made a burlap slipcover
for our poor, worn-out piano bench

with my sewing machine and everything.
Wouldn't Mrs. Munns (and my mom) be so proud? I used the method I learned from some designer on Trading Spaces 7 years ago and it is pretty easy.
Except now it's smaller because it shrunk when I washed it--still fits though.
My lovely assistant.
Yes, I gave him that haircut. Yes, I think it's cool.
But his sister did his hair--which accounts for the big globs of got2bglued on the side.
2 comments:
That slide looks so fun. The T shirts turned out cute. And you're reupholstering stuff. Very impressive. Mimi
oooooh! I love the slip cover! I wish I knew how to sew. :(
Post a Comment