So you can pause it if you want


Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Just Hangin'

We're having such a lazy summer. I think my kids are still okay with it.
I have to show you what I think is the smartest thing I've done or will do in my kitchen, besides expanding it, which isn't likely to happen because we'd rather save our money for a bigger house.

I literally work on 18 inches of counter space. The other two segments aren't as convenient, even though they're bigger at a whopping 2-ish feet. I don't have a metal hood over my stove. I have nowhere to put recipes while concocting them. After only four years and a few ruined recipe cards and pages, I finally came up with this: Don't laugh too hard, it was free.
And I don't lose the recipes, nor my head, nor my clean language while cooking anymore.And we're painting the cabinets eventually. At least in my head. Actually, I have to finish what I started on the side of this one, that you can see in the picture above. And I may or may not have ever tried those lemonade recipes in the last year.


Oh, and I think I have a sickness. It's called, let's buy a stack of ribbon for no good reason except that it's on sale and I feel like buying it. This isn't the first time the sickness has hit. And I'm not even that crafty or ribbony--I'm too stingy to use it for wrapping gifts, and the tomboy doesn't like bows in her hair all of a sudden. (Still lamenting that one). Look at the recipe holder--I used gardening twine. And let's not talk about all the pictures I bypassed to show you a stack of ribbon. They're going to wonder what they did when they were little when all they see are orange cupboards and unused crafting supplies that might still be in the same place in ten years if we never move. ***GASP***
I think I'm a hoarder.
Maybe I could make one of those hairbow hanging thingies for the bathroom. You know, the hairbows Lex doesn't want to use anymore--it will be permanent bathroom art.
Mr Destructo better do something soon, or these posts might start to get boring.
Oh wait, today he had what I'll call "aiming issues" and now I think I'll wait to buy the new white shower curtain I had a hankering for.
Like wait forever.
Except I guess that stuff washes out pretty well. Maybe I'll buy a white sheet that won't shrink a litle every time I wash it like shower curtains tend to do on me.
I keep trying to remind myself I'm going to have three boys. Maybe one will me metro sexual and help me keep my feminine sanity.
How do all-boy mothers do it?

4 comments:

Katey said...

Seriously, what's with boys and not being able to aim? I have a white shower curtain and unless you want to wash it daily, don't do it! Love that your getting back in to the blogging thing =)

Mimi Sue said...

Those oxen were walking right down Main St in Kaysville, Utah! Truly the highlight of my day. If I get too lonesome for my little girls I just might have to borrow your kids for a few hours. Mimi

Kate said...

The hanging recipe holder is a pretty awesome idea! I give you props for both creativity and invention!

Christie said...

Um, yeah. Bought that white shower curtain, and all I have to say is it's a good thing for bleach. Honestly, what do little boys do in the bathroom that prevents them from hitting the target?