To get my quota of two posts a month, I'm writing some stuff down more for me to remember them than anything else, since my kids have said a few funny things.
Mr Destructo, contrary to frequent maternal prediction, made it to the age of four, which is when I think kids say the funniest things--if only I could remember them long enough to write them down. It is so not fair that being pregnant kills brain cells. We moms need them.
Mr Destructo likes to give out random kisses all the time and yesterday he told me, "I like kithsses and you like kithsses."
Today when I said we were going to try to save some money and not go to McDonald's for a month, he said, "Save some muddy?"
On being told he's so cute, "Yes, so coot."
S-man's been talking more, too. He calls his sister "Lolly", and his brother "Brabrum". I was trying to get him to say "Grandma" instead of calling her Papa, and now he calls all four of them "Mpa". I told my parents they're Oompa Loompas now. They get no respect.
Sometimes I can tell Sawyer's awake from his naps when I hear him belting, "EIEIO!!!" At the top of his lungs. That's the only part he sings coherently. The rest is mumbled. He also does it in the van, playing with the kids, oh and pretty much all the time, it just comes out right of the blue.
And now for a potty training report you didn't want to know, because no one really cares about other people's kids' bathroom habits. No, really, no one wants to know when someone's kid went #2 or how often, or the consistency, or what hue, or the frequency of said hue. We just don't want to know. But. All I have to say is that Mr Destructo is finally making the breakthrough--despite a week of various-colored, infrequent diarrhea bouts--and we can take him out in public (for limited intervals) in his Lightning McQueen and Thomas underwear. Which reminds me of the Cannon who lived behind us with three older sisters and told his mom he wanted Spiderman panties. Yes, we miss him.
Oh, and only five more days of school. Lolly can't wait. Because Kindergarten is so stressful, you know. All that reading they have to do. Pure misery. Little does she know there is reading in her future. Like all summer. If I can just remember.
Oh, and anyone have any good ideas for teacher gifts? Of course I'm thinking of this at the last minute and am drawing blanks.
Sunday, May 31, 2009
Randomoniums
Posted by Aubrey at 2:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
Potty training is ALWAYS exciting. You'll feel so rich when you can cut back on the diapers. Go over to Grams blog and see what she made for her grandkids teachers. Kind of cute. Mimi
I love being an oompa loompas--don't they work in a chocolate factory? Yea!! Super Grah
Post a Comment