For most of Spring Break, it's been chilly and grey. Of course.
On the one perfect, sunny and 70 degree day, we went to the park for four hours. My children came out of it okay, but I didn't. I burnt the front of my legs and feet so bad, if I stay in one spot too long, I'm hobbling when I try to move again. They're not kidding when they say the sun takes elasticity out of your skin.
Oh, and the S-man stuck a pebble in his ear.
Make a note: shaking your kid (ever so gently) with their head sideways, doesn't loosen pebbles from ears. Luckily I got it out with my ever-so-convenient fingernail and saved myself a co-pay.
Since today it's been raining, we did this:
It's the first year I've felt brave enough to do it, and I even managed to hard-cook the eggs (my 1953 BH&G cookbook said there's no such thing as a boiled egg) with only one crack. No cracks about my crack.
And, more importantly, no one spilled or stained anything. Except S-man tried to eat one of the color pellets, so I guess he stained his tongue. He says, in so many words, they taste nasty. At least that's what I took the spitting out every. last. crumb. of. dye for.
The result, sans the one Mr Destructo already broke open.

Abandoned glow-in-the-dark egg paint.

I guess it's not that fun.
And what's spring without a huge jar of knock-off Jelly Bellys from Sam's?
I want that strawberry cheesecake one right there.

Make another note: raspberry cheesecake is way better than strawberry cheesecake. So you know.
On a side note: anyone else think there are a lot of idiots on the road?
Yesterday I honked the horn (for a long time) and some Oreganian nerd in a Subaru Outback (prompting Mr Destructo to say, "Mom, you pushed da bu--on?" Several times.)
So I'm thinking I need a large decal for the back of my hot minivan, saying,
"Pregnant Woman Driver.
Watch Yourself."
Because I will run you down.
And use da bu--on.








15 comments:
Wait a second... you need a pregnant women driver decal... are you saying... ARE YOU PREGNANT?
Oh my gosh I just noticed the baby thing on the side!!! Congrats!
Hold on!!!! NO WAY!!!! Congrats =)
I am SO glad I was not the last one in on this pregnant thing!!! I know you act all put off by it, but I bet you're secretly jumping for joy ;)!!!! Congratulations to you! More fodder for your blog!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You crack me up with your posts:-) So you guys should be finding out here in the next couple of weeks, are you hoping for a girl???
What!?!?! Congrats, I'm so excited for you! It was fun seeing you all at the park the one warm day this week. Oh, by the way, I just saw your family pics on Sherri's blog and they are darling! What a cute family you have!
Funny, you really do need when of those...but what will it say when you're not pregnant? hee, hee. That was a cute post about Sawyer, can't believe he's so big already, he still seems like he should be a baby like when we left...a year ago...
Wow, number four is on the way. Have you picked out names yet? :D I think you may be approaching critical mass though. :)
We didn't even color eggs this year :(
Oh well ---- I have been waiting to see how you were going to announce the baby!
Those jelly beans look yummy! And congrats about your baby!
OK you make the pregnant bumper sticker and I'll make the menopausal bumper sticker. Same rude hormones. Mimi
They're ranunculas sp? and I've seen them here and there but I got mine at Costco.
Ok, I admit it, I haven't blogged for a while so I haven't read other people's blogs in a while. (I am secretly glad to see that although your posts are nice, long and newsy, you also have some breaks in-between!) Anyway, so excited to hear that you're expecting again! If it's a girl, I'll let you name her Kate! Wishing you well and hope to see you soon!
I hope all is well with you guys. Are you sick? If you are...not fun. Do you need me to bring you a casserole? I do go to the Homegoods at the brickyard. I don't know of any up here. My favorite is the one in Temecula where my daughter lives. It's not so messy and it's very clean. Let me know about the casserole. Mimi
Congrats!! That is awesome and I am so excited to find out what this little ones nickname is going to be.
Post a Comment