
See their potential.


(With a $3 lamp base.)
Find needle nose pliers and box knife more effective during the movie.Get grievously injured by over-aggressive staple.
Be surprised more cursing doesn't ensue.
(Just kidding, I left the blood there for dramatic effect. It is Halloween.)
(And to clean staple germs out the old-fashioned, natural organic way.)
Let rest of house fall apart. (Then fail to find the picture you thought you took of it.)
Don't you love the fabric of her dress?
(Oops didn't take a picture of the vinyl.)
Yes. Clear vinyl. We are going for super classy. Have you not read my profile? And need I remind everyone that this is headquarters for Bad Housekeeping Quarterly (because apparently that's how frequently I'm inspired to write a contributing article. That's if we ever get past the first)? And because that's how often I do deep cleaning things, like, wiping off chairs.

Did you get a good look at that picture of the paper that was under the vinyl? You can cover everything! Check it out--go cover your chaise lounges because who doesn't love laying out and getting hot and sticking. (That was not a typo.) And let's all rush out and cover our picture frames! Hurry, do it NOW!!
And a crazy transient who answers to Mr Destructo and is indifferent to being fully potty-trained, despite the benefit of getting to wear Thomas the Train and Lightning McQueen underwear.
And end up with 6 much better Kimbaed chairs.
Except hers are classier.
I was going for some kind of vintagey-50's-grandma's kitchen look.
(I'm defending myself because I was reading an article in Better Homes & Gardens--which is never good, by the way, it just makes you depressed about your house--about a lady whose house was decorated in neutrals and blues and she said something about not using too much color or your house will look like a circus. Of course, I felt immediately insecure and want to redo everything, but I'll abstain. And don't get me started on the article I read about the people whose house was rustic but not too countryish, and the Don't on the next page that say "The small, busy patterns that used to define country now appear old-fashioned." Well thanks a lot, that sure boosted my self-confidence!!!) (I told you it wouldn't be good.)
The result:
Welcome to the Circus my friends!!!!
Please try not to see the trapped long black hair and carpet fodder stuck on the orange chair--forever enshrouded and protected.There's a color for everyone. So we all know where to go.








15 comments:
That's fantastic! You did a great job! And they're so practical with the clear vinyl on top. Good thinking!
I'm really impressed. That was a big project. Thanks for telling me about it!
Kimba
You should be proud that you created your vision instead of replicating what is supposed to be trendy.
By the way, I think they are CHARMING, and due to my own Mr. Destructo who is now a teenager, I will have vinyl tablecloth on my kitchen table until the day he leaves for college. That's the day it is coming off, baby!! He scratched the chair bottoms the DAY they were delivered with the zippers on the hem of his pants (an unfortunate trend at that time) by sitting with one foot tucked under his bottom. {sigh} So, way to enshroud!!
I love them Aubrey!!!
They are so cute. You are such a martha stewart. I need your help to fix up my house.
Very nice! They look really cute!
Bravo! They are so sweet! Sometimes, when you're in the middle of a project don't you wonder exactly what you were thinking? Especially when everything else is falling to pieces around you? But the end result is so great! And I always say, you can either keep the house clean or get a project done, but you can't do both.
I love the way your chairs turned out! You have to remember that people that live in Better Homes & Gardens houses obviously don't live in the "real" world- with toddlers and chaos! WE live in the real, practical world my friend.
I like it alot. I used to buy different colored towels for my kids. That way they wouldn't spread germs around as much. I believe this is the same concept. It's also very bright and cheery. Mimi PS We've been talking about a Christmas home tour. Maybe one of the first 2 weeks in Dec?
Those turned out really cute! By they way, the orange is my favorite- but Lexi would probably make me sit on the green since I'm the green-mother.
Freak'n crap LADY! Those turned out so dang cute! I LOVE color!! I secretly wish I could have my mango kitchen back. Those are so cheerful...why can't you come do that for me? Do you think my piece of crap target chairs could be covered?
What a cute project, I love your chairs! And Kimba is great at all her projects, always something fun going on with her. Good for you tackling those chairs, it's so easy to paint & change seat covers, I've been doing that forever too.
Thanks for stopping by...come back often!
WOW!!!
how great is this! i love your colors. and you did yourself! you rock!
great great job.
you deserve a starbucks!
They look amazing. The vinyl idea is so smart with kids. But a question....there is a chair for everyone, is that an announcement that you will soon be filling that last chair?
Just a question.
Great job, Aubrey! I'm so impressed. I've never attempted anything this ambitious, myself.
I love Kimba, so I think you chose a good person to steal ideas from. -Julia :-)
so cute, Aub! Bright and fun, and practical, too.
Yes, we have the matching mystery mitten! I was wondering if you had the other one. Kylie loves that hat. It was pretty chilly the first night we went out, but on Friday night is was the perfect temperature and really nice actually.
Post a Comment