I am currently holding this little guy:
he was 7 lb. 13 oz. and I felt full of baby because he was stretched out
with these on my ribs.
He also propped his foot on the midwife's arm, and grabs at anything that gets in his way. I'm thinking he's an opportunist. And he's healthy and has all his digits (for some reason I was a little worried about this one missing some).
The big kids love him to death and we have to fight to hold him--poor Dad loses out the most. Lolly's a huge helper and is even big enough that I trust her to carry him from one place to another. She rocks him to sleep and burps him for me, and soon she'll be learning how to change stinky diapers. ;) I don't know what I'll do when she goes to school Monday. Mr Destructo likes to rub the baby's hair and say "Aw" and give him kisses. When we first brought the baby home and he was crying and we said he was hungry, Mr D brought him a piece of celery and tried to hand it to him. What a nice big brother. Mr D really is a thoughtful, sweet little guy. Even S-man loves to "hold" his brother and rub his head and give kisses, but that was after he saw his brother and sister do it. When he came to the hospital with dad while they were at school, he wasn't so sure what the baby was and just gave him semi-interested-what-the-heck-is-that looks.
I must say he came not a moment too soon, as I beginning to have severe pregnant brain moments--like almost getting in (but avoiding) no fewer than three car accidents, putting fabric softener in the compartment with the Tide instead of it's own spot, and the very worst: forgetting to put conditioner in my hair one morning. Believe me, that could have been catastrophic if we didn't have a detachable shower head.
He also propped his foot on the midwife's arm, and grabs at anything that gets in his way. I'm thinking he's an opportunist. And he's healthy and has all his digits (for some reason I was a little worried about this one missing some).
The big kids love him to death and we have to fight to hold him--poor Dad loses out the most. Lolly's a huge helper and is even big enough that I trust her to carry him from one place to another. She rocks him to sleep and burps him for me, and soon she'll be learning how to change stinky diapers. ;) I don't know what I'll do when she goes to school Monday. Mr Destructo likes to rub the baby's hair and say "Aw" and give him kisses. When we first brought the baby home and he was crying and we said he was hungry, Mr D brought him a piece of celery and tried to hand it to him. What a nice big brother. Mr D really is a thoughtful, sweet little guy. Even S-man loves to "hold" his brother and rub his head and give kisses, but that was after he saw his brother and sister do it. When he came to the hospital with dad while they were at school, he wasn't so sure what the baby was and just gave him semi-interested-what-the-heck-is-that looks.
I must say he came not a moment too soon, as I beginning to have severe pregnant brain moments--like almost getting in (but avoiding) no fewer than three car accidents, putting fabric softener in the compartment with the Tide instead of it's own spot, and the very worst: forgetting to put conditioner in my hair one morning. Believe me, that could have been catastrophic if we didn't have a detachable shower head.

15 comments:
SO CUTE!!!!!!!!
AAwwww. He's so cute! When was his exact birthday? I'd like to bring you a little something. Maybe next week? Let me know what would be a good day. Mimi
He's freak'n cute! I want to hold him! Are you surviving?
Hooray! He's such a cutie!
I'm coming to clean your bathroom this week, how's Thursday? Get it nice and dirty for me between now and then.
Oh my goodness!! He is such a cutie patutie!!! I wanna hold him too!!!! Such an adorable baby!!!
you make the cutest babies!!! Congrats!
Congrats! I look forward to the day when mine is out.
So stinking cute! Love him! I'm finally back in town so we want to come and visit and maybe bring dinner? Let me know when is a good time?
A million congratulations!!! What a looker. I so understood your feeling of being full of baby and feet in your ribs. When you described it I had to take a deep breath just to know I could! I'm glad all went well. And don't worry about the big brother stuff. That's what they are supposed to do. It's brother bootcamp.
Congratulations Aubrey, he is adorable. That picture with his legs stretched out cracks me up. And wow, already on celery, what a mom :) I need to come say hello when your ready for visitors.
SOOOO YUMMY!!!! He is so cute:-) congratulations!!!
Super cute kid Aubrey!! I love the bit about the celery- what an awesome big brother he has! I mean starting in on the healthy stuff and all... wow! Anyway, can't wait to meet the new little guy!
Your house is adorable. So are your cute little boys. I should have told you not to worry about cleaning up. But I know it does feel good when it's done. I mean it if you need any help with your kids. Mimi
Congratulations!! So very sweet. And of course I could see your daughter being his little mother.
For this banner I got some black wonder under and ironed it on the back of the fabric and it stiffened it right up. Seems the easiest way which I am always looking for. Mimi PS How is baby doing?
Post a Comment