It's that time of year again. Scout Camp. This time, the husband was too smart and chose a camp out of cell phone range. Do I call and complain that much? Actually, I think it was just coincidence. It's just that for year number four, the husband gone a LOT throughout the year for the stinkin' scouts is getting old. (Is my bishop reading this? Kidding. Sort of.) But that's the being hot, tired, pregnant, and miserable talking. And the advantage of being pregnant and miserable? Someone has to save their vacation days for the impending arrival and won't be gone the entire week. Blessings to be found in everything.
His first day gone was not without adventure. No surprises.
Of course, we had to start out the day covering parts of ourselves in mud. I understand why, but what I hate is that mud doesn't completely come out of clothes paid for with very hard-earned money. Gah.
After one week of swim lessons, Mr Destructo got brave today and thought he'd try the drowning technique. Good thing his teacher is alert. And fast. And man, is she patient. She's a cute lady that teaches kids in her backyard and she does such a good job. Let's just say she doesn't get mad at Mr Destructo and he actually listens to her. Miracles happen every day.
(Pictures from last week.)


We also had some bone loss.

Gosh, I better remember to have the tooth fairycome--so far, she's forgotten to show at least twice (or was it more?) from the four teeth already lost. Good thing Santa's never forgotten to show. (By the way, she wanted to take the picture of the tooth, not me--so I let her do it. Not a bad job, eh?)
This time Lolly left a dollar bill for her. I can't remember exactly why--I think she said the Tooth Fairy needed money or something. I told her the TF usually brings her a dollar (in quarters) and she said, "No, she brings money--I want quarters." As in, it isn't money unless it's coins. When did dollar bills become worthless? (Personally, I blame Obama.)
Earlier, in her aggressive attempts to extract the tooth herself, she asked, "If I hop up and down on one foot will it make it come out?"

Wiggling...
Almost ready to go...

A very excited self-portrait.
Now if only weight-loss were that easy. Just do a little wiggling and hopping on one foot. And exchange your dollar bills for quarters.
And not to be outdone, the S-man dumped a 32-oz bottle of blue Powerade on his siblings' bedroom carpet. I wondered where the blue streaks on his legs and arms were from. Stupid me, for not responding immediately when Lolly called out to me that he was playing with the Powerade. I never dreamed he'd actually get one open. I found it several hours later when it, um, had mostly dried. Who's brilliant idea was it to suggest we put food storage in creative places? I'm sure as heck not putting any under the bane of my existence I call the couch. It makes me wish that all of a sudden we were filthy rich so I could buy those over-priced (I guess) yet very nice-looking, indoor/outdoor rugs from Dash & Albert that you can take outside and hose off. At least one for every room--that would only be approximately $2,000 at the very least. Totally affordable. Good thing our house is small, or I couldn't even consider it. Kidding.
And remind me not to drink a Vanilla Coke at the kids' bedtime to get me through the rituals single mom style because now I do not feel at all ready to be rendered unconscious. Tomorrow should be fun.
4 comments:
Oh heck, it's 2 AM and I am still wide awake. Someone better come and save my kids from me later today. And take the Coke away too.
I love to read your blog! you are such a great writer and so funny to boot!
Yes you do need a girl weekend. What do you wanna do and when?
Have you settled on a name for baby boy yet? (Not that you need to put it on your blog or anything)
Just give me a call when you start your nervous breakdown. I'll bring you a casserole. That should help. Mimi
Post a Comment